Thursday, January 26, 2017

Let Me Remain

When I got here
I was bare
New to the world
I was born without hair.

I acquired everything I have.
My mind absorbed everything it could grab.
Even the lines of this poem,
Like a ball rolling downhill
I swallowed like ever word,
Every poison pill.

Let me stay where I was.
In Mother's darkness,
A treasure trove of hugs.
An infinite sadness measured.
A terrible, terrible pleasure.

I didn't come here to have sex.
I didn't come here to be vexed.
I didn't come here of my own accord .
I came here because I was bored.

I fell out of paradise and now it hurts to return.
I started to fear death, as if souls could really burn.
I became a fiction, a ghost to myself. Forgetting I was the only one,
apart of the infinite wealth.
I ran from dreams and glorified my here and now body.
In the end I can't take anything,
Not even my dead body.
And what reward is it for me to grow inside?



No comments: