Thursday, January 26, 2017

For My Only Sons


To you, the unborn little ones.
The coming tide I can't deny.
Even if you don't know me.
Know my prayers.

Even if our time is forgotten.
Upon its back is built the stairs.
Don't go too far away from the light of your soul inside.
We put it there.

We placed it carefully, where?
In your very thoughts, a message throughout time.
Love life as of this bittersweet experience is the only thing you have.
The only gift you've been given.
The only thing that you are.
The only star you've walked so far.

Even if you hate me, know that I was only here for you.
Know that I thought of you and fought for you throughout dark parts of this world’s maze.  
And still I stayed, in this forgotten world of light and matter.
I made something that did matter.
With sex and love and food and crimes laid down my life to keep the dream alive.

To let the future know how brilliant it looked to me.
I found your mother and for you we breed.
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, I am no longer here but prosper you must.
So that I may smile back at you some day.
At the feet of God your own children will play.
On and on to an eclipsed dawn.

If you lose faith.
If you forsake the sex and the very beauty we were put here to enjoy.
Then know that your life is more than a toy.
It is potential.

A potential girl or boy.

No comments: