Thursday, January 26, 2017

In Your Own

In the middle of a dance floor
Foreign hips bump, stomps swell with the bass more.
They feel everyone and the movement is me.
Throw your heads back, careless, and you’re free.

On a roller coaster,
Regretting that all of me is there.
Why didn’t I leave a peace of mind on the ground?
When the rush comes, its clear.

Now feeling my body adjust to a warm cup of tea.
I can’t stop the flow that’s there, is all of this me?
Is it ok to feel time move backward?
Knowing its true though, but too raw.
I won't let it show.
I won't let all my chances show.

At home, unemployed.
So many ways to sulk,
Gotta eat cheap and earn my keep.
Scattered brain, no focus, can’t sleep.

Is this my worth?
All this lack?
Is this how lonely Hell is?
When God turns his back?

I go into the dark and dance.
I feel for the joy of other’s romance
I look for a chance to feed off the dance.
I forget my woes and lose my balance.
So many opportunities pass and I still say no.
Its like the right angels are wrong.
And I can’t let it go.
I’m on my own but I can’t let my chances show.

No comments: